I have had this issue for a few months now, but not for decades (!) prior to that.
MM is greying out songs where the title has accented characters. I have done some research that pointed to tag settings. Here is a snip that shows the track greyed out (A Torinói Ló) as well as my Tags settings.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bikscqxb ... eecq8&dl=0
I assume I have a setting wrong? How do I change _and_ get MM to recognize the dozens/hundreds of tracks in this condition?
Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable
Moderator: Gurus
Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable
Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using and what File Type(s) do you experience this with?
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable
Hi,
I tried and I have some Cyrillic, Greek, Korean tracks (both filenames and tags) play normally on MM 2024 and MM 2027.
I tried and I have some Cyrillic, Greek, Korean tracks (both filenames and tags) play normally on MM 2024 and MM 2027.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable
MM 2024.2.2.3222
mp3 files.
Dunno what to say, Peke--not all accented tracks are unplayable, and I have been unable to find the pattern. If I remove the track from the DB, it finds it on the next scan, but the same thing happens--goes grey and unplayable.
mp3 files.
Dunno what to say, Peke--not all accented tracks are unplayable, and I have been unable to find the pattern. If I remove the track from the DB, it finds it on the next scan, but the same thing happens--goes grey and unplayable.
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable
Please provide some sample files that fail to play to Support.
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable
That is exactly what we are talking about not all accents trigger the issue. Install MM 2027 portable and try again, we have already adjusted support for more specific one. Problem is when Windows do not send correct path to MM player engine and MM thinks file is not accessible. Sample file llow us to test specific ones. BTW it can be path not always a filename.DMLCo wrote: ↑Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:13 pm Will do, fwiw, here is the MM Message.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v7xgyawx ... gdq8t&dl=0
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts