Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey for Windows

Moderator: Gurus

DMLCo
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:07 pm

Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable

Post by DMLCo »

I have had this issue for a few months now, but not for decades (!) prior to that.

MM is greying out songs where the title has accented characters. I have done some research that pointed to tag settings. Here is a snip that shows the track greyed out (A Torinói Ló) as well as my Tags settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bikscqxb ... eecq8&dl=0

I assume I have a setting wrong? How do I change _and_ get MM to recognize the dozens/hundreds of tracks in this condition?
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Lowlander
Posts: 59771
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm

Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using and what File Type(s) do you experience this with?
Peke
Posts: 18747
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tried and I have some Cyrillic, Greek, Korean tracks (both filenames and tags) play normally on MM 2024 and MM 2027.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
Image
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
DMLCo
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:07 pm

Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable

Post by DMLCo »

MM 2024.2.2.3222
mp3 files.

Dunno what to say, Peke--not all accented tracks are unplayable, and I have been unable to find the pattern. If I remove the track from the DB, it finds it on the next scan, but the same thing happens--goes grey and unplayable.
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Lowlander
Posts: 59771
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm

Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable

Post by Lowlander »

Please provide some sample files that fail to play to Support.
DMLCo
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:07 pm

Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable

Post by DMLCo »

Will do, fwiw, here is the MM Message.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v7xgyawx ... gdq8t&dl=0
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Peke
Posts: 18747
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Accented Characters Make Songs Unplayable

Post by Peke »

DMLCo wrote: ↑Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:13 pm Will do, fwiw, here is the MM Message.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v7xgyawx ... gdq8t&dl=0
That is exactly what we are talking about not all accents trigger the issue. Install MM 2027 portable and try again, we have already adjusted support for more specific one. Problem is when Windows do not send correct path to MM player engine and MM thinks file is not accessible. Sample file llow us to test specific ones. BTW it can be path not always a filename.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
Image
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Post Reply