Media Monkey and Object Dock

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cjoshuav

Media Monkey and Object Dock

Post by cjoshuav »

I'm using Object Dock as a Windows Taskbar replacement. When I start up MediaMonkey I end up with four icons in my system tray. When I open up some windows (like Options) I end up with even more.

MediaMonkey is the only app that does this (and disabling the "Always show in System Tray" icon only gets rid of one of the icons).

Has anyone else experienced this or a similar bug?

Joshua
Peke

Post by Peke »

Have you tried to set MM not to force Tray Icon in Tools->Options?
It should fix the problem as "Object Dock" sometimes shows something that it should not show.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
cjoshuav

Post by cjoshuav »

Peke,

I tried that. No change. :(
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Did you already contact the creators (StarDock) of ObjectDock?
They should make that their program behaves the same as the default systray does...
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
cjoshuav

Post by cjoshuav »

I've contacted them but haven't heard back yet. I thought I'd check here to see if anyone else had run across it.

Joshua
Peke

Post by Peke »

I had briefly installed Object Dock and had that Problem.
I hav e fixed it somehow but I can't remember how :oops: :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

this is done because monkey is using the windows explorer shell.

which causes the object dock to see multiple windows being opened.

you got to tell the object dock to see only one window when monkey opens and ignore the rest that it sees monkey opening.

this has to be done by the object dock's authors or maybe a script.

or the authors might have already put a option in the dock to fix mutliple windows showing for the same program.

just maybe telling the windows bar to group all like windows might fix it.
:o

try updating your object dock they might have a new vesion of it.

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
tiagoclaus

Post by tiagoclaus »

I must say that this issue exists till the present time.
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

did you update star dock ? as told to? did you tell their devlopers about it? or their scripters about it?

there is no reason for monkey to add icons per window that media monkey opens. it does not happen with media monkey using the os task bar. so it has to be something in the after market task bar if you got no help from them i would consider tossing their program.

but if that is the case go to the first thread in the bug report forum room
follow the instructions for making a bug report and send that in to media monkeys developers. i am sure it can be fixed by them even though it is a different programers error since they know how to add icons to the system tray it should be a simple fix for any programmer,

its just wheather or not they want to fix some one elses program to get it working in media monkey? they are nice so they might but its just one more thing the other programs developers are lazy about.

and if rusty and the others fix it then that shows you who is the better programmers.

so try the debug report the developers and us in the forum want happy media monkey users. :D

:)
tiagoclaus

Post by tiagoclaus »

A sadly reply status.

I have updated to Media Monkey 3 Alpha build 1034 and ObjectDock Plus 1.9 build 535u, which seems to be the latest versions today, and the issue status is: unknown.

That's because OD+ 1.9 has a bug in which the tray icon show an empty bar. It seems to be happening only to a few people, but the suggestion listed here did not work for me.

I have earlier tested MM3 with OD+ 1.5 and the "several monkeys" issue was there, which is really annoying. I suppose this is an OD+ bug, but it appears that it is soon yet to say there will a patch for it.

I love MM as much as OD, but I will have somehow to an alternative for OD if this issue is going to live forever. If anyone had found a different alternative to solve this problem, please, post here.
Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

mm works fine with other docks

ys dock
rkluancher (what i use)
rocketdock

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the tips. I will try them to see if one works for me.