Just Play Something v2.8a ONE CLICK Song Selection [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Just Play Something v2.8a ONE CLICK Song Selection [Script]

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

One Click on the Music Note in the Standard Toolbar ensure you'll always have some good songs to listen to in the Now Playing List.

When Music Note is checked, you can double click it to get a new selection of songs in the Now Playing list.
Otherwise the Music Note will keep filling up the Now Playing when Now Playing runs out of songs to play.

Script pick some good songs you have not heard for awhile. (Reads playhistory in MM)
Does it in a random order to make it more interesting.

Version 2.x allow adding some new songs to the list too.
Go to Tools - Scripts - Just Play Something Options to set how many if any.

# Songs. Script prefer recently added ones

New versions have and most likely will come here quite rapidly...
ChangeLog:
1.00 - 2.00 : Allow adding of some new songs, plus NonStop function
2.00 - 2.10 : Fix for unpredictable amount of songs selected (Thank you durden999uk)
2.10 - 2.20 : Fix for NonStop Off function
2.20 - 2.30 : Clean-up and much better solution for NonStop. Now totally 'dead' when not in use.
2.30 - 2.40 : Now pick 10 songs, and the Music Note button is now a double clickable button.
2.40 - 2.50 : Better spread, and randomizing
2.50 - 2.60 : New Songs to add improved.
2.60 - 2.70 : Double Click works first go now, plus the script got a lot lazier.
2.70 - 2.80 : More new songs as the script now prefer higher rated new songs.
2.80 - 2.8a : Made it pick one top rated new song at each load.
Fixed link to script 14 July 2014

Thank you paulmt & durden999uk for keeping me going!
Will have to sit back and enjoy the music for a bit and see if it's alright now...

Current Button Functions are;
1 Click = Turn on/off Non-Stop. Load songs when no more songs are lined up in Now Playing.
2 Click = Off then On within a second means load a new selection of songs

Install Script Open zip, and just double click the install file.

Script works best if you have at least a good few weeks of play history, and have played a fair good amount of songs in MediaMonkey.
It also helps if you have rated your songs fairly well, but that is not really a must. Script works with non-rated collections too.

-----------------------------------
Only get to see a text file when you double click install file?
Try resetting vbs script behaviour to normal by
Start - Run and write
CScript //H:WScript
and hit OK
Many thanks to paulmt for testing this.

---------------------------------------------

The script ignore New Songs (never played) being rated between 0.0 and 1.5 Star, but it include Not Rated. If you're out of never played ones, it will pick some that you've only played once.
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:44 am, edited 82 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Download won't work for me :(

How do I get this script working ?

Cheers,
Brian.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Do you mean like the server wasn't available at the time?

Could be they did some maintanance or something...

The script simply pick out some of your favorite songs that you haven't heard for a while and place them ready to play in the Now Playing list by just hitting the Music Note in the toolbar.

I do not really know the reliability of that server that holds the install script. Could you try again, and see how you go..

Actually, I just tried myself, and the server is down at the moment :( ... crap... may have to put the files on another...
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I just put in on another server... hope that other one is more reliable.

Could you please tell if it works for you now.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Hi DiddeLeeDoo, I had the same problem, zip file downloads ok, but install only brings up the script itself with install comments and instructions.
By editing the install instructions out and copying the script proper to the scripts\auto folder as "JustPlaySomething.vbs" restart MM it worked beautifully. I love it. It's great when you just don't know what to listen to.

BTW I just tried the lastest one you put up and it does the same as above.
Seems to be IMHO a problem with the install script?
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Wonder if the installer will work if the install file is extracted to the HDD first, and then double clicked.

Maybe it's the 'WinZip' whatever that open files as text instead of executing the file?

I would appreciate if you could try that...

Maybe the 'WinZip' whatever have a menu choice of 'execute' instead of 'view' ?.... or maybe right click, execute... dunno..

I use WinRAR and it execute instead of view when I double click here. (Think it does execute the Build-In Zip thingy in WinXP too.)

I'm out of ideas of what to play next and have had a very good run with this 'justplaysomething' too... yet another reason to stick with MediaMonkey
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Extracting to a location on the HDD then double clicking on that file "Install_JustPlaySomething.vbs" still just opens the script in whatever txt editor you are using. I checked to see if the install had happened, but it didn't copy the script to \script\auto (after moving the file I already had there)
I tried opening it various ways but never resulting in an install.

As I said, I have it working and am happy with that, but it's funny the install does not seem to automatically happen.
Anybody else reproduce this?
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you very much for your feedback paulmt!!

I thought every machine did execute .vbs files, but you've proven it's not so..

Will have to see what can be done with that... hmm..??
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Until further, I've just compiled the script above with ExeScript Demo Version.

You'll get a demo version message when clicking the Install file... This is just as a quick fix for now.

I updated the first post with a link, and thanks again for letting me know about this...
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Awww happy to help! But remember it was "guest" Brian that raised the issue, I just added my two cents worth :-)
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I was not sure if Brian just had a download problem or install problem. The server didn't work this morning so I swapped over to another server.

Just to address this 'text file pop-up' stuff.

I wonder if you could try

Start - Run and write

CScript //H:WScript

and hit OK

That should set vbscript behaviour to 'normal' or 'default' if you like. Then maybe double clicking the install .vbs file will work too. tossing up if I should spend $40 on a program, but if all it takes is a little command it would be better
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Yes done that and attempted re-install. Install was completed this time, however double clicking on Install_JustPlaySomething.vbs fired up MM and brought up the malicious script blah blah (nortons) warning. I accepted this script in it's entirety and it continued and shut MM down, but did do the install.

I do have all the relaxed settings in "MyComputer" Zone so Windows was OK with the install but Norton's picked up on this also for some reason. I do have Nortons set to accept scripts but with warning, however I rarely if ever get that warning.

Earlier I tried an install from DOS window and received the Nortons warning then also.

Hope this helps, saving $40 is always good!
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

It sure does. Thank you!

When renewal time of Norton comes, consider http://www.eset.com instead. A far superiour program, and will make you feel like you got a brand spanking new computer after the swap.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

A fair bit more is coming in the next version of this script. :)

Currently having fun developing it...
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Here's a beta version of it, and I just need to add some more options.

Now a Non-Stop Play script doing good songs you haven't heard for awhile, and add 25% songs you haven't heard yet... all randomized.

The Non-Stop Play is simple to operate. When you first click the Music Note in the Standard toolbar, it will show Checked. Apart from loading the playlist with songs, the Non-Stop Play is also active. Simply click the Music Note again, to disable the Non-Stop Play.

More options to come, but if you want to give the Beta of version 2 a go, here it is.
Script made a bit difficult to be read by people, as I do not wish copies/modified copies of this one distributed by other scripters

Code: Select all

New beta later in thread
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.