Randomize the Now Playing List v1.24 & v2.30 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Randomize the Now Playing List v1.24 & v2.30 [Script]

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Script to Randomize the Now Playing list.

Adds a blue recycler looking icon to the Standard Toolbar. Hit it and the songs in the Now Playing List gets randomized.

Now in two versions:

Version 1.x: Randomize the Now Playing list, and put your current playing song to the top of the list.
==============================================
Install Script v1.24
Open zip, and just double click the install file.

Version 2.x: When playing songs it takes out already played ones before randomizing the remaining songs. Based on that you're not using the Players Shuffle function. Otherwise do as v1.x when not playing songs.
Install Script v2.30
Open zip, and just double click the install file.

Changelog in 2.x
2.20 - 2.30 : Fixed the track missed when cleaning up before randomizing.
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 39 times in total.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Thanks, just the kick start I needed for my latest script

I think it only has 2 lines left from your orignal :)
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I would not be surpriced if we're currently trying to figure out the same stuff in the scripting help file :wink:

Takes time to figure out all this wonderful stuff that's made possible with scripting. On a light note, it feels a bit like the MM Developers play 'hide and seek' with us :D and somehow I enjoy this game...
Peke

Post by Peke »

@DiddeLeeDoo
Hmmm....... Game?!?!? http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11277
;) What game?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
smiller

Post by smiller »

I've been looking for a script like this! Since I nearly always randomize my playlists this saves me some effort. Thanks!
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

@ Peke
No more need for Puzzle Games, since discovering MM Scripting (With the Scripting Help file as a 'map') ;)

@Smiller
Glad you find it useful. Thank you for leaving your comment.
smiller

Post by smiller »

Wondering... would it be possible to add a few lines to the script so that it would load a specific playlist (called 'All Tracks', or whatever) and then randomize? That would make loading and randomizing a playlist a single-click operation.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

In all simplicity, something like this before the line UB=SDB.Play....

Code: Select all

LoadPlaylist=InputBox("Load Playlist","MediaMonkey")
If Not LoadPlaylist="" Then
   SDB.Player.PlaylistClear
   SDB.Player.PlaylistAddTracks(SDB.PlaylistByTitle(LoadPlaylist).Tracks)
End If
would ask you for what playlist to load, and if you write the name right it will load. This could be 'scripted up' a bit so you get to click a list instead of writing the name.

The MM Developers made a beautiful 'Load Playlist' dialog in the AutoDJ part, and making something like that in scripting would take a bit of effort... as far as I know this beauty cannot be called by scripting

However, just hitting F12 will give you the playlist in the Tree, so it's not far away really.

BTW, if you just want to 'Hard Code' it to a certain playlist, I guess this would be enough

SDB.Player.PlaylistClear
SDB.Player.PlaylistAddTracks(SDB.PlaylistByTitle("WriteNameOfPlaylistHere").Tracks)
First line to clear the Now Playing list
Second line you replace the text WriteNameOfPlaylistHere with your playlist name
smiller

Post by smiller »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:BTW, if you just want to 'Hard Code' it to a certain playlist, I guess this would be enough

SDB.Player.PlaylistClear
SDB.Player.PlaylistAddTracks(SDB.PlaylistByTitle("WriteNameOfPlaylistHere").Tracks)
Perfect. Now one click loads and randomizes my preferred playlist. This saves a lot of mouse activity. Thanks again...
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Just a bump to say that the Randomize Now Playing script has got a brother.

v1.x do as before, randomize and put current song to the top of the list.

v2.x do the same, but clear out the songs that have played already before randomizing. This works if you do not use the Players Shuffle function.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Version 2.x updated. Previous version missed a track when cleaning up the list for played songs.
libertao

Post by libertao »

Is there anything like this for MM3? Looks like a great script I wish I could use (I assume since it was last updated in March 2007 it is incompatible?)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

unsure where diddeleedoo is, he might have falling in to a water well and can't get out.? last known location was at his desk piled under tons of work for new clients, so he still might be trying to work his way out of that pile, but he has not been in the forum for a very long time. try emailing him and ask he might beable to make one up in a short time, he was fast at scripting for mm 2.

who knows maybe you sending him email about his script might get him to come back in and do some more for mm 3?

it's getting to be winter in the part of the world where he is at, so no more days at the beach. he will be stuck inside. of course he has a huge tv and movie entertainment set up now so we might have to drag him to the computer with a barbed wire fence.
:wink:

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
libertao

Post by libertao »

Well I don't see an email address, but I'll shoot him a PM in case he has email notification on that. Thanks
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I wouldn't hold my breath, I sent him a PM 3 weeks ago regarding another script and he has not read it yet.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files