Missing Cue Sheet

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Missing Cue Sheet

Post by trixmoto »

This is a new script, requested by Bex to go with my "Cue Reader" script. It creates a node under the 'Files To Edit' node which has two of its own children, Yes and No. All songs longer than the length specified in the variable Millis (default is 10mins) will be checked and listed under Yes if they are missing a cuesheet (No if they have one).

The installer is available for download from my website.

:o NEW VERSION BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Wow, thanks a million!

Great and fast script. Nice icons!
The only problem now is that i just found 596 files without a cue sheet! :o
But thats what the scripts is for, isn't it? :wink:

I guess I'll pay a few visits to cuesheet heaven in the near future! :lol:

Thanks again!
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Glad you like! I almost released it with the Yes and No populating the wrong way round! :oops: Luckily I realised my flawed logic just in time! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Trixi!
I have two more wíshes.
1. Make this script as fast as Missing lyrics script
2. I third subnode which displays files which has a cue sheet in the same folder but it has the wrong name (and no correctly named cue sheet exists in folder)

Is it possible?
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) I don't see how it can be any faster. The reason it is slower is that it has to check the filesystem to see if the file exists, rather than just checking the database (as for lyrics).

2) This is possible, but will be even slower! :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

what is a cue sheet?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Wikipedia, the fountain of all knowledge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_sheet
Bex

Post by Bex »

trixmoto wrote:1) I don't see how it can be any faster. The reason it is slower is that it has to check the filesystem to see if the file exists, rather than just checking the database (as for lyrics).

2) This is possible, but will be even slower! :)
1. Ok, I thought the speed increase there had todo with using SDB.MainTracksWindow.AddTracksFromQuery(SQL)?

2. It's better to have that node node even if it gets slower... :D

Thanks!
/Bex

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, it's on my to do list! :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.1) is now available from my website.

It also adds a Maybe child which list files in a folder that contains a cuesheet that does not match any of the files in that folder. I think that's what Bex wanted! :)

N.B. This Maybe node shows a progress bar because it does take a while, depending on the size of your collection of course. Don't forget to change the MyMusic variable in the script or the Maybe node won't work!

You can also easily change the names of these nodes using the variables at the top of the script.