am in need of a script

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rovingcowboy

am in need of a script

Post by rovingcowboy »

I am doing auto playlists script now.

i set up one to play the top 50 playlist.

there is the trouble.

i also have a playlist that plays a sound effect for changing the playlists.

i use an old 8 track tape program change click as the sound effect.

but in using that each time the playlists change the count on that climes like crazy, since there are 15 playlists a day that thing is climbing so fast it is always the top one in the top played list but i don't want it in the top lists. so how do make it stay out of the top lists?

i think i need a script to block it from loading in to the top 50 played list.

but i don't know how to make the vbs script.?

can some one make it for me?

this also would be a good script for internet radio stations to keep their jingles out of the top 50 list.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rshane91

Post by rshane91 »

are you just using autoplaylists?

If so, what i would do, is pick a field that you don't use (maybe COMPOSER) and change it to "not in top50" for that sound track. Then when you make your playlist -- have one of the advanced criteria do pick songs that have COMPOSER not contain "not in top50".

That work?
Peke

Post by Peke »

rshane91,
Nice solution/workaround.

rovingcowboy,
As soon as catch some time I'll make (or Pah68 or Onkel_enno if they are fast) a small script that it will Reset Played# to Zero Every time the perticular track/s is/are Played.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i don't under stand that work around?

rshane91 .

i am using the autoplaylist script that peke made.

it automaticly plays media monkey lists with timers set up in the task scheduler as long as media monkey is already running.

so how would i use the work around in conjuction with that script?
:-?

keep in mind that my mind is old and has trouble with learning tricky things every now and then i seem to get a good thing remembered but not much? :wink: :(

i keep reading your work around and i am thinking it must be the simple way and i am now trying to figure the hard way? when i get back on the simple side i might under stand it. :P
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

rshane91 was telling that you add additional info to your files in for example COmposer field or like me use Genre named "Jingle" so that my TOP TRACKS playlists criteria looks like:
1. Genre = Doesn't Equals -> "Jingle"
2. Played# = > -> 1

This way The playlists will not include Radio Jingles, which you want to avoid.
Best regards,
Peke
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

@rovingcowboy

Create a ResetCounter.vbs in MediaMonkey\Scripts and paste these Lines:

Code: Select all

const SongPath = "D:\Music\Jingle.mp3"

Sub ResetCounter
	if SDB.Player.CurrentSong.Path = SongPath then
		SDB.Player.CurrentSong.PlayCounter = 0
		SDB.Player.CurrentSong.UpDateDB
	end if
End Sub
Change this line:
to the Path of your Jingle-File.

and add the following to MediaMonkey\Scripts\Scripts.ini

[ResetCounter]
FileName=ResetCounter.vbs
ProcName=ResetCounter
Order=1
DisplayName=ResetPlayCounter
Description=reset's PlayCounter
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=2
That should work.
Don't forget to restart MM.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

thanks for that Peke but i still cant make heads or tails out of that simple little trick?
:o

thanks for the script onkel_enno

will get it in the other computer as soon as i get off line.

8)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

OH

Okay Peke I kept reading it and i got the trick work around.

but the only thing is i am using the free version of meida monkey and can not edite the autoplaylists. so the top 50 list in mine just plays the top 50 on what ever options are set up by the monkey :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Simple but efficient.
There is a few things I'll change, but this is good start.
Best regards,
Peke
Al_G

Post by Al_G »

rovingcowboy wrote:OH

Okay Peke I kept reading it and i got the trick work around.

but the only thing is i am using the free version of meida monkey and can not edite the autoplaylists. so the top 50 list in mine just plays the top 50 on what ever options are set up by the monkey :D
Keith!

Dude, you gotta get the gold version! Autoplaylists and file monitoring rock!!
If you can afford it and if you feel their efforts are worth it, Jiri and the rest of the MM development group deserve the financial contribution.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Al_G
i have told rusty when i first got version 1 about 6 months after they changed the name to media monkey. that i wanted to buy it but i can not send money over the net. i need a snail mail address.

he said they would think about it but they are not posting one in the near future.

i never got one so i guess they did not want to do that.

so i stick with the free one. and just do my own file monitoring which takes some time but atleast i got it done the way i want. and media monkey is the best one for large or small media data bases.

" the monkey could say All your bases belong to me "

ha ha ha. that is a line from some cartoon or game character. for those that did not know.

onkel_enno

the script works fine for my one effect.

only i have two so i tried to make two copys and use them but it did not work and when i renamed all the stuff that inducates the name of the script in the ini file i got it to not crash monkey. but it did not change the count? it kept telling me there was an error in line one colume 19 when i checked that colume it is the letter for the hard drive.

since the second effect is on a different hard drive then monkey i think it does not like having to go to another hard drive. and the songs according to befound by this script need to be on the same drive as the monkey and the script.

so is there some way to make it use any harddrive locations for other then the hard drive that the monkey is on?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i also have found a work around that is kindof so simple it will make youre kindergarden kid say Duh daaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddyyyy where have you been under a rock.

the one i found is to use the play count changer script someone posted in the forum here that lets you zero out the count by selecting the song then clicking on the tools menu then on the script menu then on playcount incriments that will add or remove numbers from the count.

my work around was just simply go in to the script file edit the line that tells it how many counts to add or remove, and make it say -15000 then select the jingle in the playlist and click that link in the scripts menu then press the F 5 button to see the count go to - 15000 and repeat the steps to make it go to -30000

so that is a simple work around too. but when it plays up to zero again i will have to go back in and set it at the -30000 all over. so this script in this thread working with multiple hard drives and files would be the better way.

8)
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

rovingcowboy wrote:Al_G

onkel_enno

the script works fine for my one effect.
Hmmm, maybe this will help you....

const SongPath2 = "D:\Music\Jingle2.mp3"

Sub ResetCounter
	if SDB.Player.CurrentSong.Path = SongPath then
	end if

if SDB.Player.CurrentSong.Path = SongPath2 then
	end if
End Sub
If you need 3 files just add the constant and copy paste the if condition changing only the constant name

Post by Guest »

that is what i tried but it did not work for me for some reason?

maybe i messed up some how which is very likely.

so i will try this code and see if it works.

but i am still not sure it likes having two different hard drives in the script?

still i will try this and let everyone know 8)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

for some reason

unknown by me.

the script you did worked

but mine which i thought was just like yours did not?

mine must have had an extra space in it or a typo.

see i say in my sig i am not a programmer and i do try.

thanks for that fix on the first script posted here.

now i have found that i had more the one thing i needed this for.

so the script has 19 things it watches for to keep out of the top 50 and it works with all of them.

i did not remember i made that many things.
thanks again. 8)

oh that work around i said of adding the play count to -30000 for the jingle, we figured out that it would take 7.5 years of playing that jingle at 70 to 75 times a week before it would have climbed back to zero count.

and also figured that by that time i would have forgot how to get the count that low again? :lol: