Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

I would have like ratings in the float and/or microplayer.

But I understand that it takes a lot of space.

Anyway your skin is beautiful :)
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

@Vyper
I was just picking on you stop button lovers! :wink:

We had a short discussion in another thread about the stop button and the fact that if you don't stop the track you're playing it supposedly can damage the file but someone said that MM3 stops the track automatically before you exit the program or something similar.

But that's ok, I can understand some of you want a stop button.

@Dreadlau
Thanks for the good words!
The ratings indeed take a fair amount of space and it's going to be hard to find a place to squeeze the ratings in the float or micro-player. OR they're going to be so small that the feature will be hard to use IYKWIM.

@aidan_cage
"drunk, tired and burnt" lol.
I know how I can add the ratings without the weird graphic bugs the regular stars have. The images just need to have no transparency. I can do that. I could even put regular stars on there... Maybe it would be better so they're the same as the main window. I'll do both, take a screenshot and people can choose which they prefer.

Victor.
SpiderMonkey

Post by SpiderMonkey »

Great Skin. Love it. But something someone always forgets with these dark skins is that when I try to use the search box, I can't see what I'm typing because it's black text on black text. And highlighting doesn't help either. If you could please fix this in your next release that'd be nice, thank you.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I didn't forget it, it's on the "to-do list" in the first post. :)
I'm waiting for Morten to give me a hand tweaking this as it seems it needs an ini file in order to change it...

Hopefully I'll find the time to work on a better version this weekend.

To-do list :
-Change font for search box.
-Change background colors and fonts for "Tag From Web" panel.
-Change background color for text / comment box in album/track properties.
-Change "no highlight" over rating in right-click context menu.
-Add "stop button" to main player.
-Add "ratings" to main player.
-Fix main player left corner truncated.
-Change "info-popup" look.

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

magicalpig wrote:I didn't forget it, it's on the "to-do list" in the first post. :)
I'm waiting for Morten to give me a hand tweaking this as it seems it needs an ini file in order to change it...

Hopefully I'll find the time to work on a better version this weekend.

To-do list :
-Add "stop button" to main player.
-Add "ratings" to main player.
-Fix main player left corner truncated.
-Change "info-popup" look.

Victor.
i just checked morten default player he also made it a light background so maybe he gave up on the changing of the color?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Well maybe but if I change the background color for the search box, it's gonna change the others as well (such as in the Properties window) and I don't want that to happen...

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep i think it will unless you can get that font color to change. but there are somethings that can't be, this might be one of them. its like the colume header fonts they change in the skin engine but when you use the skin the desktop controls their color. not sure how the ini would do the change. i know there was an ini used in the mm 2 skins to change the fonts some place in those skins. but not sure just how much it worked.

i am beginning to think micorsoft has locked thrid party users from changing some things.? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Ok, so the stop button player is gonna look like this

Should I include the ratings with the stop player version of the skin? OR should I make three separate skins? 1. Original 2. Stop 3. Ratings

Ratings version screenshot coming later this evening.

Victor.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Personally, I see no need for the ratings in the player as they are in the song listing, now playing, etc. But that's just me. ;)
Stop Button Freak
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I see what you mean but some people have asked for ratings in the player...

Here is what it would look like

Ok, I think I'm gonna add the ratings on all versions. I'll give detailed instructions on how to get rid of them if you don't want them (it's not complicated)

So there's gonna be two versions of the skin : the original and the one with a stop button added?

What do you say people?

Victor.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Sounds good to me. Original & stop button versions. :D
Stop Button Freak
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Version 1.4 released!!!!

Here's a list of what I changed or added :

"changed info pop-up look. Fixed main player left corner truncated. Fixed speed button look and behavior. Added album tag as default in float player. Added ratings in main player on all versions. Added alternative download of a stop-button version of the main player".

If you want to get rid of the of the ratings in the main player, just go to MM skin's directory, open your songbird skin's msz file with winzip/winrar. Open the "player.ini" file in it and delete the "[Rating]" entry.

And a list of what still needs to be done :

-Refine system buttons look.
-Change ratings look in Monkey Rok skin

Amy comment or suggestions welcomed!

Enjoy,
Victor.
Sblast

Post by Sblast »

Very nice I must say
Sblast

Post by Sblast »

Jome wrote:Oh shit, dope skin son! Looking real good, now all we need is a Winamp skin..

Maybe the menu text items & status bar text shouldn't have been in black.. ? (Hard to read)

Also getting this:

Impossible to read the text at the left corner..
Tell me please..what is the third number down?
That 182?
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Sblast wrote: Tell me please..what is the third number down?
That 182?
Tracks kbs size.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...