MM 3.1 doesn't add tracks to library anymore

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

clubsoda

MM 3.1 doesn't add tracks to library anymore

Post by clubsoda »

Hi all,

I'm a bit lost - MM stopped adding tracks to the library today.

I have File Monitor on (always worked fine), I tried "add/rescan" for the main folder and also for the subfolder where the new mp3's are located - nothing. MM says it's adding (it looks like that in the progress bar at the bottom), but the tracks are not there. I tried checking in the artist, album and track node and even in the overall view of all tracks sorted by "added on".

It affects all new mp3s I want to add, they were ripped from CD so I doubt that they are corrupted. All the settings I could think of I checked and they are fine - what else could the problem be? I even tried the old classic - restarting, also restarting the PC.

Version is the latest (3.1.0.1256), gold user. I also suspect that it might be related to another problem I have which was already reported here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=40620 (MediaMonkey Not Saving Album Art, Artist Name etc. to Tag).

I have also found that previously stored album art has disappeared from some tracks.

Any hints would be highly appreciated, I'm not sure if there is some setting I could have messed up by mistake or if something went buggy.

thx
rovingcowboy
Posts: 14163
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
Location: (Texas)
Contact:

Re: MM 3.1 doesn't add tracks to library anymore

Post by rovingcowboy »

clean your registry and see if you find tons of errors in that.? if so one of them could be the cause of your error.
could be not sure but a messed up registry can cause strange things to happen. :-?

also make sure you have the option to make a new play list for recently added files turned on. it should be in the library section of monkeys options panel.

then also look for the one that says update only if time stamp is changed. and turn that off.

now re rip some of the songs from the cdroms or all of them you should get the new playlist and monkey should
put them in the same place as last time this way you will find where they went.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
clubsoda

Re: MM 3.1 doesn't add tracks to library anymore

Post by clubsoda »

Thanks a lot for your reply rovingcowboy. It seems however that I was not successful, I still see the same behaviour.

I will give cleaning the registry another try though, maybe I will find something there...
clubsoda

Re: MM 3.1 doesn't add tracks to library anymore

Post by clubsoda »

update: it does add wmas for example, so the problem must have something to do with the filetype mp3. any further help would be much appreciated, I cannot figure out what the problem is... :x
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: MM 3.1 doesn't add tracks to library anymore

Post by nohitter151 »

You do have the mp3 filetype checked in the add/rescan dialog box?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Guest

Re: MM 3.1 doesn't add MP3s to library anymore

Post by Guest »

Yes, it's checked there..

thx
clubsoda

Re: MM 3.1 doesn't add MP3s to library anymore

Post by clubsoda »

sorry, that was me above obviously..

thx
clubsoda

Re: MM 3.1 doesn't add MP3s to library anymore

Post by clubsoda »

here's some more information I can provide:

the mp3s that cannot be added can be played fine. if I go to the My Computer node, look for the respective album folder there and double click one of the tracks, it can be played. it is tagged as for example "11 disco club", so it features the track number and the song title. I can tag the tracks there (for example add the missing artist) and it's displayed fine, but as soon as I switch to another album and then check back the changes are gone. I'm not sure if this might be normal behaviour for non-library tracks...?

I also don't use Vista to fall victim to a permissions issue (I'm on XP). could it be that I made some kind of change that I'm not aware of that affects the mp3 file type? after rovingcowboy's suggestion I also ran RegScrub to clean the registry.

and I'm losing my mind, too.
clubsoda

HOPEFULLY SOLVED: MM 3.1 doesn't add tracks to library anymo

Post by clubsoda »

hi, I have hopefully solved this now:

I uninstalled MM, reinstalled and then imported my backup - it seems to work now!

thanks to rovingcowboy and nohitter for the help provided.
rovingcowboy
Posts: 14163
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
Location: (Texas)
Contact:

Re: MM 3.1 doesn't add tracks to library anymore

Post by rovingcowboy »

strange what is going on you seem to be the 3rd or 4th person i remember seeing that posted something like this.
don't remember how the others got it working again or if they did?

sounds like it might be an mp3 codec error. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Post Reply