no sound after trying WAV file

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

marsha

no sound after trying WAV file

Post by marsha »

My Mediamonkey has no sound after I tried playing a WAV file. There was only static with the WAV - which was fine in another player. Since then, nothing has any sound, though all other audio programs work normally. How do I restore the volume????
Meander

Re: no sound after trying WAV file

Post by Meander »

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Try changing the associations for .wav in case of possible corruption. Go to Options=>OS Integration in MM to uncheck/check wav files.
Lowlander
Posts: 59795
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm

Re: no sound after trying WAV file

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried restarting MediaMonkey (and if that fails the PC)? Also verify that the Volume isn't muted in MediaMonkey (right click MediaMonkey tray icon, Volume > 100%).
marsha

Re: no sound after trying WAV file

Post by marsha »

Sadly, restarting MediaMonkey and the laptop haven't worked. I've also unchecked WAV as a file association and restarted MediaMonkey afterward. I even uninstalled and re-installed MediaMonkey, to no avail. I don't get it! Otherwise I was loving this player. It's quite frustrating that it's just not working anymore. Any additional ideas are welcome!
MMFrLife
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 pm
Location: MM Forum

Re: no sound after trying WAV file

Post by MMFrLife »

Have you ever tried to play .wav files in MM before? Is this the first one?
How long have you been using MM?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Post Reply