Layout bug when searching in 'List (by album)' [#17378]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Layout bug when searching in 'List (by album)' [#17378]

Post by tbm72 »

One bug that I've seen numerous times over the last few days is that often when performing a search, the results displayed sometimes include a track as if it's part of a different album. For example I am using the 'List (By Album)' view and when I search for 'Rattlesnake' it includes the track 'Rattlesnake Shake' by Fleetwood Mac but it's shown within the album listing of 'Rattlesnakes' by Lloyd Cole:

Shouldn't this search result show the Fleetwood Mac track with its own album artwork and as a separate album and not part of the Lloyd Cole one? It definitely has correct and individual metadata. It's not just this one search, I've seen it happen with lots of different results.

I think the bug is specific to the 'List (By Album)' view - if I change the style to 'Grid (By Album)' it correctly shows the 2 individual album covers.
Last edited by tbm72 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lowlander

Re: Layout bug when searching in 'List (by album)'

Post by Lowlander »

Which build, is it reproducible with other searches?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Latest RC2 build 5.0.0.2293 (Portable) and yes it reproduces in other searches. For example I search for 'Akira' and it shows 2 albums by Akira Yamaoka under the same album art when they should be 2 separate albums:

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When you view Akira as Artist does it do the same incorrect sort?

Have you tried File > Manage Database to see if it can fix this?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

If I view him as Artist in List (By Album) mode I get the same incorrect layout:

But if I switch to browser View it correctly shows artwork for 2 different albums:

I'll take a look at Maintain Library although I don't see it in the menu for MM5 like it is in MM4. I've just got this:

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It should be Manage Database, it has been renamed in MMW5.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I just tried it and selected both Optimize Database and Rebuild Database. Didn't make any difference to the search results, same as above.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Thanks for a feedback. Reproduced ... tracked as 17378.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
gamb2009

Re: Layout bug when searching in 'List (by album)' [17378]

Post by gamb2009 »

This issue happens some times (not everywhere, not always) in "List (by album)" views that are not the output a search inquiry. A set of tracks in a list of various albums are mixed into the last album. When you change the order of one of these problematic views by sorting the Albums in inverse order (Z-A), the "hidden" album reapears (art cover, etc.) as a separate item, but then, some other tracks get mixed into another album at the other end of the list.
gamb2009
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

gamb2009 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:30 pm This issue happens some times (not everywhere, not always) in "List (by album)" views that are not the output a search inquiry. A set of tracks in a list of various albums are mixed into the last album. When you change the order of one of these problematic views by sorting the Albums in inverse order (Z-A), the "hidden" album reapears (art cover, etc.) as a separate item, but then, some other tracks get mixed into another album at the other end of the list.
Yep, just tried changing the sort order to Album descending and then the correct album re-appears but disappears again if you change back to Album ascending.

I also keep seeing other random issues using the List (By Album) view where artwork gets cut off like this:

Will try to see if there's a pattern that causes that issue but it looks like List (By Album) needs a little attention.
gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

It seems that this happens when the number of tracks in an album is less than 4.
gamb2009
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

As noted by Petr, reproduced and fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17378
tbm72

Re: Layout bug when searching in 'List (by album)' [#17378]

Post by tbm72 »

Fixed in latest RC - thank you!
tbm72

Re: [SOLVED] Layout bug when searching in 'List (by album)' [#17378]

Post by tbm72 »

Just to add, although the above issue is fixed I'm still seeing some strange random layout issues when using 'List (by album)' view. I'll try and investigate more to see what the cause is but one way to replicate seems to be:

1) On a small playlist (7 tracks) I set the view to List (By Album) and it displays OK
2) Switch to a different playlist then switch back to the first playlist
3) The original playlist is then cut off and looks like this:

If I then cycle through the view types (e.g. List By Grid/Browser etc) until it gets back to List (By Album) then the view fixes itself and the list displays correctly. But when I switch to another playlist and then back again the bug appears again. Another way to fix it when the bug appears is to click the [show/hide sidebar] button and the artwork suddenly appears OK as the tree view shrinks away.
tbm72

Re: Layout bug when searching in 'List (by album)' [#17378]

Post by tbm72 »

Another instance when I see the bug is I have a playlist where an album has 49 tracks on. When the view is set to List (By Album) it only shows 17 tracks on that album (and it also doesn't show any more albums underneath that one so it looks like it's the end of the playlist but I know there are more albums that aren't showing).

If I cycle through all the views until I get back to List (By Album) it now correctly shows all tracks for that album (and the albums below it that were were missing before can be seen again). But if I jump to another playlist and then back again it's now only showing 17 tracks again (and the albums below it are missing again).