1209: Last Column becomes first after changing view BUG#5183

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

gege
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:10 pm
Location: Brazil

1209: Last Column becomes first after changing view BUG#5183

Post by gege »

I am experiencing this since 1204, and it is still happening in 1209.

Well, I hope the picture below explains it all. Basically, when switching several times between List View and Album Art with Details View, eventually, the last column (Lyrics, in my case) comes to the beginning (in both views).
Restarting MM, restores columns to original order...

Image
gege
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:10 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: 1209: Last Column becomes first after changing view mode

Post by gege »

I've just tested in 1211 and this is still happening.
Behavior is the same in three different machines.

I'll post some additional info when I get home later today.
Mizery_Made
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Re: 1209: Last Column becomes first after changing view mode

Post by Mizery_Made »

I was just about to report that I'm unable to reproduce in 1209-1212, however on further inspection, it turns out that I can reproduce. I kept staring at the first column waiting for the Last Played column to jump in front as it's the last column I use. However I kept not seeing this. However, upon right clicking, the list of columns has been altered. I have a bunch of disabled columns at the bottom of my list, which explains why I wasn't visibly seeing the jump. Enabling the next bottom one (after already making the Lyrics column jump), I then see it visibly happen.

It doesn't take several times either, each time you jump from List View to Album Art + Details and back, the last column is placed ahead of the others. Repeating moves the (new) last column to the front just behind the old last column. Perhaps you thought it took several times because you have some disabled columns after lyrics?

EDIT: Reported in Mantis as Bug #5183
gege
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:10 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: 1209: Last Column becomes first after changing view BUG#5183

Post by gege »

Yes, you're absolutely right, Mizery_Made.
This is what I was going to test further and report here, but you've done the job for me. Thanks.
gege
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:10 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: 1209: Last Column becomes first after changing view BUG#5183

Post by gege »

Maybe this bug is related to BUG#5054
Post Reply