MM3 Wallpapers! Get one of these or make your own!

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

gege

MM3 Wallpapers! Get one of these or make your own!

Post by gege »

MM3 it's just around the corner and I think we need some really good Wallpapers to match its beauty.
So, I started a series of original wallpapers which I want to share with you.

Click on the links below the thumbnails to download:

Normal: 1600x1200 px, 1024x768 px
Widescreen: 1680x1050 px, 1280x800 px

Normal: 1600x1200 px; 1024x768 px

These wallpapers were created in Paint.NET, which is an excellent free Image Editor. Except the Monkey logo, of course, all graphical elements were made from scratch using it.
I'm releasing the original layered hi-res file, with plenty of resources for you to play with layers, transparency, recoloring and so on... Just install Paint.NET, download this PDN file (3.95 MB) and go create your own custom MM3 wallpaper!

Desktop Visual Style
The Zune team has developed an official XP Visual Style that matches these wallpapers and Glided skin very well.
See a screenshot:

I found it via this link.
And here is direct download link.
It comes in an MSI install package. Just download, them double click the file to install.

Notes:
- I won't be releasing these wallpapers in other resolutions. There are four different screen formats already. Besides, you can download the hi-res version and resize it to any desired resolution using Paint.NET.
- I won't be releasing these wallpapers in other file formats. You can download the hi-res version and covert it to different formats using Paint.NET.
- I won't be accepting requests to make slightly different versions (I mean alternative elements placement, no text, darker versions, brighter versions, etc). Guess what... you can download the hi-res version and customize it using Paint.NET!

Got the idea? So enjoy!

Important note 1: Thanks rusty for letting me use the Monkey logo.
Important note 2: The "Dancing Monkey with iPod" is a mod by me. MediaMonkey developers have nothing to do with it.
Important note 3: No monkeys were harmed during the production of these wallpapers. ;-)

-------------------------------
12-08-2007 - Update:
- Added Wallpaper #5 and updated layered PDN file.
Last edited by gege on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Full_Circle

Post by Full_Circle »

Oooh gege, these are really rather nice. I love the clean and simple design and the range of colours/sizes is also appreciated :)

I think I might also give Paint.NET a go too!

*rubs hands together with glee* I can't wait for the offical release of MM3 now!!!!
Morten

Post by Morten »

Very nice!
Best regards,
Morten
Blake

Post by Blake »

I don't want to look all mushy, but these are beautiful.

Thanks, gege
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well theres one in every bunch. and here i am.

i don't like them.

they are done nicely but to me are boring.

wheres the vines. wheres the banana leaf's the coconuts,
the bongo drums, wheres the bamboo tiki shack?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

They are not boring - they are stylish.
Best regards,
Morten
gege

Post by gege »

rovingcowboy wrote:well theres one in every bunch. and here i am.
i don't like them.
they are done nicely but to me are boring.
wheres the vines. wheres the banana leaf's the coconuts,
the bongo drums, wheres the bamboo tiki shack?
8)
Well, I'm a guy who DOES accept good criticism :wink: , so I broke my own rule and made a "slightly modified version" specially for you cowboy.
Does it match your taste better? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hummm... Errr.... No hi-res version for this, sorry. 8)

And, of course, no monkeys were harmed during the making of this, either.
gege

Post by gege »

I added a fifth variation to the series, with the Glided Play button.

Thanks Morten for the great design you've created.
I "tried" to recreate it and it was damn hard. :o
I hope it is not that bad! 8)

Enjoy!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Gege, I'm loving the wallpapers!! Still, you could have made your own skin in the time it must have taken to make all of those! I'd better see the "gege skin" out on the forums in the next few days... :lol:

Really though, thanks a ton. I needed some new wallpapers, and these look GREAT.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gege

Post by gege »

nohitter151 wrote:Gege, I'm loving the wallpapers!! Still, you could have made your own skin in the time it must have taken to make all of those! I'd better see the "gege skin" out on the forums in the next few days... :lol:
PM'd you 8)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

that now is getting to look good its got things to look at. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
gege

Post by gege »

Just for your information, the Zune team has developed an official XP Visual Style that matches these wallpapers and Glided skin very well.
See a screenshot:

I found it via this link.
And here is direct download link.
It comes in an MSI install package. Just download, them double click the file to install.

Enjoy!
Vyper

Re: MM3 Wallpapers! Get one of these or make your own!

Post by Vyper »

I can't tell if that's tongue-in-cheek or serious. :lol:
Stop Button Freak
gege

Post by gege »

I'm shocked. Really. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no removing wallpaper will in fact take any old paint off under it because the glue has been soaked in to the paint over time. and you either scrap or steam off the wall paper.

now of course you know this is for computer wall paper screens for this mediamonkey program.

but since you asked i thought you might really want to know so i answered ya even if you were just being a smart butt i still answered ya. 8)

edited this in

okay i thought to help you more.

in wallpapering apartments you need to leave as you found it when you move. it is a good idea to buy sheets of masonite to cover the wall with first. then on the smooth side which is facing out of course. you place the wallpaper you wanted on the wall. you can then take it down and with you when you move. and all you need to do is fill the holes made by the nails with a little plaster spackelting or tooth paste (the same color as the paint)

:)