Wierd music lags

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Owlythesova

Wierd music lags

Post by Owlythesova »

MediaMonkey v3
Windows 7
My computer specs are bad, but enough to use players without any glitches.
The problem is the music sometimes (5-6 times a song) stops for a moment and continues again as if nothing actually happened. It's a pretty annoying issue, but I don't know how to deal with it. I tried to tweak Perfomance a bit, but it didn't help at all. Other players worked just fine.
Any ideas on the matter?
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Lowlander

Re: Wierd music lags

Post by Lowlander »

Owlythesova

Post by Owlythesova »

Haven't helped. Tried everything in that topic...
Last edited by Owlythesova on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Including switching output plug-ins and making sure that within the Output Plug-in configuration that the correct Sound Device is selected?
Owlythesova

Post by Owlythesova »

Lowlander wrote:Including switching output plug-ins and making sure that within the Output Plug-in configuration that the correct Sound Device is selected?
Yep. The music still snaps sometimes, even though not that frequently.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

How about the sound card driver update?
Owlythesova

Post by Owlythesova »

Lowlander wrote:How about the sound card driver update?
Yeah, thinking about it just now... I will report tomorrow if it helps or not.
Owlythesova

Post by Owlythesova »

I actually reinstalled the program and got version 4, plus updated my audio driver. It still happens.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

how old is win 7 system?
I'm thinking you might be using a ram stick that has gone bad on you. get the stick checked out at a local computer repair shop. or techy geek with all the tools in his mom's basement.
but you can also use freeware to check the memory. wise 360 suite has a memory check program in it. there are others just to check the memory if you don't want the suite of tools.

if memory is fine. then you might need more of it how much you need just for win 7 is 1GB, you can max out windows xp at 3gbs but windows 7 depends on what the motherboard can see, if it can see 1000 GB's of ram then get what you can afford. windows 7 it's self has no limit on ram it can see all you can feed it.

also check the swap file/ page file / virtual memory. set it to something like 8000mb's max and 7999 minimum. that might help if it is already at that size then double it.
I've found with the kvm switchs I've had to turn all my speedups on win7 back to normal so try that if you are using a kvm switch.

all that is not the trouble then check for programs running in the background and see if you can turn them off. windows 7 has tons of stuff ms set up in the task scheduler. might be one of those causing it. :-?

but on the old knowledge mouse and sound freezes are mostly lag time or bad memory or overheating cpu's I've one time had a cracked sound board but that was a long time ago on win 98 system.

strange issues are not just in the computers, I had a cracked system board in a cb radio one time. and every time the cops hit my car with radar the dang cb would buzz. I know it was cracked board because I tore the radio apart to find what was going on.

so it's not weird to have electronics cause strange things.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Owlythesova

Post by Owlythesova »

I've never experienced those kind of freezes before, actually. Right now they don't happen that often, at the very least.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay then it is more likely the update lowlander had mentioned.

go get the free program ( driver booster2 ) set it up and run it when on line to find any and all out dated drivers it can update for your system. that should find things you didn't think were out dated. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
kopo

Post by kopo »

Could be a hard drive issue. Have you checked it?
gerryfoster

Audio dropouts

Post by gerryfoster »

I am working on Windows 8, laptop. I have a separate local dedicated FLAC based HDD media store connected to my PC through a docking station. I run MM4.1.5.1719. System was great for last 6 months, but now every 30-60 seconds I get an audio dropout. Cant think what's changed to cause this.

I have noticed on MM that internet connection ups and downs affect n past intermittently on all releases of MM. so checked connection but fine.
I checked USB ports for media but no change, fine.
I checked other Audio devices on service and apps and disabled all others but problem still persists.

Any ideas people?
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

I had a similar problem a few years back and when I checked windows event viewer I was getting intermittent errors on that hard drive. Needless to say I switched out all my data and never used that drive again.
MMFrLife

Re: Audio dropouts

Post by MMFrLife »

gerryfoster wrote:I am working on Windows 8, laptop. I have a separate local dedicated FLAC based HDD media store connected to my PC through a docking station. I run MM4.1.5.1719. System was great for last 6 months, but now every 30-60 seconds I get an audio dropout. Cant think what's changed to cause this.
......Any ideas people?
Try:
1. Copy about 3 albums or 3 albums worth of songs from that drive to another drive (preferably C:\ drive, not external).
2. Disconnect the external music HDD.
3. Scan copied tracks to library.
3. Play only those copied tracks for a while (few days, weeks)
4. Observe if MM/computer plays nice.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜