MediaMonkey is highly customizable and can be extended with a variety of Addons.
Customizing the Skin
You can change MediaMonkey's Skin via Tools > Options > Skin from the Main Menu. Additional Skins can be downloaded from the MediaMonkey Addons site.
Skins can have additional options you can configure via Tools > Options > Skin from the Main Menu. Select the Skin and then change any settings available. This include the colors used (Monkey Groove) or the size of text (Material Design).
Text size in MediaMonkey is defined by the Skins' developer and an available setting on the Material Design Skin. You can use Windows to increase the text size in all programs:
- You can use the Scale and layout also known as DPI setting in the Windows Control Panel
- You can the Make text bigger setting in the Windows Control Panel (Windows 10)
(Type either settings name in the Windows Control Panel to find the setting)
Customizing the Layout
- The various Windows in the MediaMonkey interface (e.g. the Player, the Now Playing Window, the Album Art Window, etc.) can be changed via Tools > Options > Layout from the Main Menu:
- The left and right Panels can be quickly toggled to display/hide using their respective panel button on top of the panels in the toolbar
- Columns in the Filelisting can be customized by right- clicking on the header
- Columns in the Column Browser can be customized by right-clicking on the header
Under Tools > Options > Preview from the Main Menu you can select how the Preview window should be displayed. If you select Advanced you can:
- Edit per Type what is information is shown in the Preview window
- Edit per Type what font size is used in the Preview window
- Edit per Type in how many columns the information is displayed in the Preview window
- Rearrange the order per Type in which tags should be displayed in the Preview window
Using the ⋮ Menu button on the Preview window you can:
- Allow Edits which will allow editing of tags within the Preview window, if edits aren't allowed many tags will be links to find more from the same tag in your MediaMonkey Library
- Show visualization which will switch the Preview window to show Visualizations instead
- MediaMonkey no longer features an unskinned mode.
- A change of Skin restarts MediaMonkey, thus make sure no other tasks are running in MediaMonkey.