MM 3.x

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

tableguy

MM 3.x

Post by tableguy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:46 pm

I've seen the term mentioned in posts, but a search produces no results. My database is getting so big and my machine is running slower and slower. Which brings the question of when?

Thankx

PS Any thoughts on getting a Vista machine when it launches at the end of the month?

Bex

Post by Bex » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:59 pm

You do compact your database occasionally, don't you?

Anyway, Jiri said this the other day:
Yes, we haven't released MM 3.0 alpha yet, particularly because of the newly added features that weren't finished yet. We also spent quite a lot of time on bugfixes and small improvements that you have already seen in MM versions 2.5.1-2.5.5. We would really like to release the first alpha version as soon as possible, I think it won't take longer than some 2 weeks.

Jiri
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:45 am

And i dont think the version of MM would really affect the performance of the Library because it uses the Microsoft Access database
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:09 am

Actually it will since MM 3.0 will use SQLite as its database which is a great improvement!

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:08 pm

but how will the scripts that use the database fields work?

will the new format for the database still have the same field names?

:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:55 pm

rovingcowboy wrote:but how will the scripts that use the database fields work?

will the new format for the database still have the same field names?

:o
Some fields will be the same, but there will be a need to rewrite most of the scripts (because MM3 has many new features and database changes). But for update from MM2 will be database automatically conversed into new format without loosing existing datas.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:14 pm

well this tells me when the new version is out i stop updating on win9x.

and stay with the last 2. version. cause i dont want to think about having to reload all those scripts i use and or try to adjust the ones i had to adjust for the win98 computer.

:(

scripts i really need to keep working for me to update the old win98 to the new media monkey 3 version would be

peke's scheduler timer script version one.

diddeleedoo's autoEq switch script.

diddeleedoo's AutoRate script.

Pys'... bpm and tempo scripts i had to update for win98.

the scripts i use for the auto weekly top of the charts list i make which includes the auto reset playcount script.

the auto close monkey script.

the auto report script

teknojnky's tweek monkey.

the auto correct artist and title script for the now playing to put the artist name second. i think that is a default script so all the default scritps that we now have..

i use some others but off hand cant remember their names or who created them. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:15 pm

Might just be a matter of a simple search & replace action in the scripts. All up, I'm optimistic about doing updates to scripts.

Exciting to know that we can have a play with an early v3 soonish. Doesn't really matter much if v3 is not perfect in the beginning, as 2.5.5 is a solid product to fall back to.