Sync Android Devices
MediaMonkey can Sync your music, videos and playlists to your Android device. Sync includes basic metadata like Title, Artist, Album and Genre, but also Rating, Lyrics and an Artwork image associated with the Album. MediaMonkey will also sync certain tag changes and Play Counts back to MediaMonkey with Auto-Sync when using MediaMonkey for Android to play and edit Media Files on your device.
- Tags synced from MediaMonkey for Android to MediaMonkey: Play Count, Skip Count, Last Time Played, Bookmark, Title, Album, Artist, Album Artist, Composer, Genre, Lyrics, Track#, Year/Date, Type, Rating
Configure your Device
If you're planning to use MediaMonkey for Android on your device you should install it first.
Wifi Sync is run from MediaMonkey for Android (can't be initiated from MediaMonkey for Windows) and requires a Media Server to be enabled in MediaMonkey for Windows. Wifi Sync is slower than USB Sync.
- Wifi Sync from MediaMonkey for Android uses the same Device Profile as MediaMonkey for Windows uses. It may be easier to setup the Device Profile(s) in MediaMonkey first before starting a Wifi Sync.
- Wifi Sync requires the MediaMonkey for Android device to be on the same network as your MediaMonkey Media Server.
- The USB connection type needs to be set to MTP on your Android device. This is the default setting for most devices.
- MTP Drivers in Windows for Android devices can be buggy causing a media transfer process appears to be frozen error message in MediaMonkey. Often when clicking OK on the error will have Sync continue. Updating MTP drivers can help. If USB Sync continues to fail you can try to use Wifi Sync instead.
Direct Sync to SD Card
MediaMonkey can Sync directly to SD cards, which you can then insert in a compatible device.
- When using MediaMonkey for Android Sync to the SD Card in your Android device is preferred. If you Sync directly to an SD card make sure you run a wifi/USB Sync afterwards to have MediaMonkey for Windows update MediaMonkey for Android directly with any missing metadata/Play History. Tag changes/Play History can't be Synced back from SD card to MediaMonkey for Windows on direct Sync to SD card.
- Playlists may not work if the Paths on them are not configured correctly.
Disconnecting your Device
Android devices can safely be unplugged once a sync operation has completed.
- Help: Syncing Files to Portable Devices
- Help: MediaMonkey for Android Help
- Knowledge Base: USB Sync with Android / MP3 Players fails
- Knowledge Base: Wi-Fi Sync doesn’t work
- Knowledge Base: MediaMonkey DLNA / UPnP Server Inaccessible / Casting Fails